Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Boys in the City: The Misconception

Dear Lovers,
There is definitely a misconception about me in relationships. If you asked most people at my church, my job, most of the friends, they would tell you that I am a relationship flake... I'm fickle... Some may even say that I have no idea what I want.. or I am just too difficult to please. But only 95% of that is true. See, I have what most people would call a 'cocky' attitude, When REALLY I just have a very healthy self-esteem. I don't find myself better than other people (really.. i don't. unless you're stupid), I just know who I am, and I know what I want. I'm not afraid of hurting someone if I know that the truth must be told. Why do we think we have to suffer for someone else's feelings? I might in some situations, but not for love. Not when we're looking at a lifetime together. No way! I'm gonna be as honest as possible in action or word. Yes, sometimes in action. Here are some examples:

If I don't call you back, I don't want to talk to you.
If I pull away when I think you're gonna kiss me, I don't want you to kiss me.
If I don't touch you or flirt with you at all, I just don't like you.
If I invite all of my friends on a date, Then I didn't want to be alone with you.
If I don't show up to a date, Then... I really... don't like you.

You would think I wouldn't have to explain these things right? But I actually do. Because 9 out of 10 guys usually don't get the above physical signs. Let's go on to verbal signs:

I mean from the deep deep core and center of my heart every word below when I say...
I don't like you.
I don't want to date you.
I don't want to be your girlfriend.
I don't want to marry you.
I don't think we should be friends.
I don't think I can hang out with you.
I think we'd be better off as friends.
I would rather be single for the rest of my life.

Again, CRAZY that the above statements could not be taken seriously. But maybe that's why I have been labeled as such a heartless and evil dater. Because boys in the city do not listen.

Look... I love people. I love communication with people. I am a hopeless romantic. I have recently taken up wedding receptions at my job, and every time I see a couple in their post wedding bliss... It makes me want one of my own. But only with someone who I don't want to kill after the first 3-30 days i've known or dated them. I'm going to write about a different situation with my boys every day in a new blog. and maybe someone out there can relate, or understand, or... gasp..  LEARN SOMETHING!

Until then let me leave you with a few facts about myself:
I am stubborn.
I am secure in myself.
I am determined to be happy.
I am intelligent.
I am blunt.
I am mean if you deserve it.
I push myself too hard.
I hate when people (mostly boys) don't... listen.

Tomorrow's Blog: "Boys in the City: The Stage 5 Clinger"

No comments:

Post a Comment