Friday, August 28, 2009

Boys and the city: Stage 5 Clinger

Boys and the city: Stage 5 Clinger

I watched ‘He’s just not that into you’ tonight to remind me of how Stage 5 Clingers can be. Even though I have had a recent run in with a few myself. I know a few: Girls AND Boys. Forgive my honesty but, I think I get my personal Clingers because I liked them at first, or liked the attention, then somewhere down the line realized I didn’t like them anymore, or have found someone else and by then they’ve already fallen in love with me!

Honestly, I can meet a guy, think he’s cute, interesting, want to date him and then realize he’s not the one for me usually within 1-3 weeks time. It’s not my fault that the guy has done something or revealed something that I don’t like. If I tried to change this pattern of mine, then I would NEVER give a guy a chance. Anyways...

When I figure out this only going downhill (Honestly, this is usually after a guy gets jealous of my guy friends, cries, or kisses me.. But we'll get to that another time) So, I say ‘Hey, this isn’t working out for me.’ Or ‘I don’t know if I want this anymore’, and Slowly back away.. as AS SOON as the guy feels my pulling away they become a Stage 5 Clinger. They think ‘What did I do?’ ‘Maybe I can convince her to stay?’ ‘Maybe I can change her mind’ and so they persistently call/text/write and show up even when you say not to or drop by to surprise you or buy you gifts hoping your view on them will change.

But Gentlemen, You know what this does? It makes me go from not liking you to hating your guts. Truthfully. Because this goes back to my first blog. When I say ‘This isn’t working for me’ or ‘I’d rather be single’, the ideal response is ‘I Totally understand!’ and then to continue having a completely normal yet distant friendship. Then there is a possibility of me staying in your life in some sort of way. But when you push, and beg… You make not only feel sorry for you, but I get really irritated that you can’t respect my wishes.

Now on the other hand, I have seen some of my girlfriends become Stage 5 Clingers right in front of my eyes… and Although this may sound unfair, I still think it’s mostly the guys fault they become this way. Because I see a lot of guys who date/hook up with girls and then decide they don’t want to anymore (that’s ok.. everyone is entitled to their right to like or dislike people) and IF you decide to let them know, you CONTINUE to hook up with them or BOOTY call them when you’re lonely! Listen loud and clear guys, THAT IS NOT OK! You complain about the girl calling you non-stop, and texting you, and not understanding that you don’t want to be with them but the words and the actions don’t line up.

If your words are saying ‘I don’t like you’ and your actions are saying ‘I like you.. oh baby, oh baby’ it gets a LITTLE confusing. And Although I am a girl, It’s kinda hard for us girls to see… or choose to see.. that we are in fact a booty call that has now spent WAY too much time freaking out over a guy. I see a lot of booty call girls become stage 5 clingers because they like hooking up or hanging out so much that they think, if they do it enough, that the guy will change his mind and realize he’s missing out, and wants the girl around FOR GOOD. But that will never happen.

Guys that truly like girls won’t use them for booty calls.

And Girls that truly like guys won’t tell them they don’t want to be with them.

It really can be that simple.

Next Blog: Boys and the city: The Deal Breaker

3 comments:

  1. omg shanny i couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen amen amen amen and amen.
    too much? no. one for every deal breaker.
    i like reading this.
    i made a profile just to comment on your blogs. call me weird i don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot. i just realized that last comment was for your deal breaker blog. if that wasn't obvious enough, i'm just letting you know.

    ReplyDelete