I know it has been awhile since i've been here to write you, and one of the reasons was that, I feel like now that I have a boyfriend it isn't the same to write and stone bash relationships. But, I guess I can still point out my opinions in the way people communicate and function. Let's talk about ex's...
I have a close group of hottie girlfriends who are perfectly capable of dating someone with intelligence, looks, personality, and humor. But for some reason... these "ex's"... who fall short in almost every catergory or another have these choke holds on my girls. Why is this? My friends aren't dumb, and they would agree with me if I pointed out their flaws. And after all of my thinking, and after going through it MYSELF with my ex, i figured out the only thing keeping these girls around... is... comfort. It is so much more difficult to start things off with a stranger. Luckily for me, the guy I'm with I've known for most of my lifetime. But for a girl to start new with a brand new guy just doesn't happen. it's uncomfortable. Both parties have a higher chance of getting hurt or dissapointing the other person than if they dated someone theyve been with before or have known as a friend before. But back in the day it didn't happen like that...
All the movies and fairytales talk about how the guy found the girl of his dreams walking through a mall or a park. HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU? No. I have never been walking through a store, locked eyes with a guy, and spoken to him. And You know who i blame? The freaks. yes. all you freaks out there have ruined the ways of meeting a mate. Because if a guy comes up to me.. asks me out, or tells me i'm beautiful.. he goes to the 'freak' category immedietly. In my head, only desperate losers would come up to me like that, he doesn't know me, he probably does this to a million girls. If there were hott, smart, funny, regular guys going up to girls and talking to them out of nowhere then maybe we'd give guys like this a chance. but 95% of guys that hit on me in public are guppies.
Now, In my situation.. after knowing my boyfriend for approx 10 years, and after an ongoing rivalry throughout highschool, I finally approached him on my own, got his number on my own, and made all of the first moves on getting to know him (more than I already did).. and it worked for me. But if I hadn't known him before.. there isn't a SHOT I would've spoken to him. I would've thought he was way too good looking for me, and most likely had a girlfriend.
If we knew ahead of time a guy was available, and wouldn't turn us down.. would we approach?
If we knew the guys who approach us weren't freaks but actually interested in us.. would they have a chance?
I guess it all comes back to our own insecurities and how comfortable we are in our own skin. Until we get there, we're going to continue to revert back to the last reachable ex-boyfriend in our times of lonelyness and despair. Aye aye aye!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment